Level up your gluten-free baking game with this Monster Cookie Ice Cream Pie recipe made with naturally gluten-free Meli's Monster Cookie mix as the crust! Trust us, NO ONE will believe you when you tell them they're eating a gluten-free dessert!
For the Filling:
- 2 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup evaporated milk (from 5-oz can)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
For the Crust:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix Meli’s Rainbow Chocolate Cookie Mix per instructions on the box.
- Fill pie plate with cookie mix and spread evenly. Using the bottom of a glass, press down on the center of the crust to flatten slightly.
- Bake crust for 20-25 min removing at 15 minutes to push center down with glass.
- Once baked, push center down again and let cool.
- In large bowl, mix 1 3/4 cups of the whipping cream, 1/4 cup evaporated milk and ⅛ tsp salt. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture thickens. On low speed, slowly add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla; beat on a high speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Fold in 1/4 cup of the candy sprinkles. Pour whipped cream mixture over cookie crust in pie plate; spread evenly.
- In small bowl, beat remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream and the powdered sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Place whipped cream mixture in a decorating bag fitted with star tip. Pipe whipped cream decoratively around the edges and in the center of the pie. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon of sprinkles. Freeze at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 20 to 30 minutes before serving. To serve, cut into wedges. Store pie covered in freezer.
Recipe by Keegan Evans
Check back for more gluten-free dessert recipes using Meli's dry mix varieties!
Click here to learn about the Meli's story!