If you’re a breakfast lover, you probably don’t need to be convinced of the wonders of a warm, gooey, chocolate chip waffle. But have you ever had one made with your favorite gluten-free cookie mix? Our awesome recipe writers at Meli’s HQ have crafted the perfect (and we mean it when we say this) waffle recipe using our Choco-lot dry mix and a bit of gluten-free flour. Grab your waffle makers and get to cooking, because this recipe is sure to become your new breakfast staple!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup Meli’s Choco-lot Cookie Mix
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- Preheat a non-stick waffle iron.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and whisk until combined.
- Add in vanilla, eggs, almond milk, and butter. Mix just until the batter is smooth.
- Make sure your waffle iron is hot before you add the batter. If your waffle iron is not non-stick, spray your preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour mix into hot waffle iron, approximately 1/4 cup of batter for small waffles. Cook until golden brown.
- Remove waffle from waffle iron and repeat until all waffles are cooked.
- Top with fresh sliced bananas or fruit of your choosing.